2017 Outdoor Rowing
Spring is here ! Check out our 2017 Outdoor Rowing Schedule. Our 8-week Spring session begins on Tuesday April 18th.
If you have any questions, call Esther Tanzman or e-mail us.
Prior to your first session, if you have not already done so for the prior session, all rowers are required to:
- View the US Rowing Safety Video.
- Review the Registration Instructions.
- Complete the Registration Form.
- Complete the Naiades Health Form.
- Complete the Naiades Waiver.
- Complete the United States Rowing Registration Process as it is now a requirement for all rowers (see the 2017 Outdoor Rowing Schedule for more information.
The Naiades Oncology Rowing program is committed to serving the physical and emotional needs of cancer survivors, and we look forward to rowing with new you.
Whether you are new to rowing or you are an experienced rower, if you are a cancer survivor, we want you !!! Build your core strength, develop supporting relationships, have fun! Come, join us on the water.
You can read our About Us page and information is available by phone at (585) 389-2691 or by e-mail.
Naiades attends rowing events to participate and to spread awareness of our organization and the opportunity for other women in our community to be involved in ROWING FOR RECOVERY.
Regattas held Fall 2017 include:
- Pittsford Regatta - May 27th & 28th.
The regatta is held on the Erie Canal in Pittsford, NY. The canal is ideal for racing, as it is sheltered flat water with very little boat traffic. All master's events (singles, doubles, fours, and eights) are held over a 1200 meter course, run head style. A bicycle path extends the length of the course for great spectator viewing. The finish line is in the picturesque village of Pittsford, with wonderful opportunities to view the race, shop and eat. The first day of the 2017 Pittsford Regatta (Saturday, May 27) will coincide with the 3rd annual Pittsford Paddle & Pour event, featuring craft beer and wine tasting, live music all day, and an artisan marketplace.
- Fairport's Lift Bridge Regatta - September 17th.
- Rochester's Head of the Genesee (HOG) - October 7th & 8th
- Buffalo's Head of the Niagara and Wright Regatta - October 15th.
- Philadelphia's Head of the Schuylkill Regatta - October 28th & 29th.